There was a large aftershock on April 7 at 11:32pm Japan time. A tsunami warning was issued, but no tsunami came so it was cancelled. There have been reports of power outages in several places in Tohoku. Some reactors in Tohoku lost external power, but are continuing to be cooled with power from the back-up diesel engines. From what they can tell so far, there are no changes to the conditions at Fukushima Dai-Ichi, Fukushima Daini, or Tokai. Water is still being injected into the #1, #2, and #3 reactors at Fukushima Dai-ichi.
Please consider joining our Facebook group: News for Tsukuba Residents.
- Tsukuba Research: Inventor of Paro Wins an Award
- Tsukuba Research: Newest Island
- Tsukuba Research: Cray CS300 Cluster Supercomputer
- Tsukuba Research: A New Way of Making 3D Graphene
- Tsukuba Research: New Open Access Journal on Advanced Materials
- Tsukuba Safety: Convenience Store Robberies in Tsukuba
- Tsukuba Research: Decoding the Carnation Genome
- Tsukuba Safety: Winter Driving
- Tsukuba Job: Computational Science Professor at the University of Tsukuba
- Tsukuba Job: Physics Professor at the University of Tsukuba
- current status
- foreign residents
- public services