Asked what brought him over to Japan to take a head coaching job, Donte’ Hill assertively answered with one word: basketball.
Hill, 35, said that he considered Japanese basketball offered a great opportunity to take its game to the next level with the launch of the 12-club NBL for the 2013-14 season.
“This year, we have 10 foreign (head) coaches in this league and so many different styles of basketball that’s being played every game,” Hill said during the recently concluded All-Japan Championship in Tokyo. “So wanting to win a championship brought me here. My goal is to grow basketball, grow the Tsukuba Robots so that Japan can compete in the 2020 Olympics.”
Please consider joining our Facebook group: News for Tsukuba Residents.
- Tsukuba Research: Inventor of Paro Wins an Award
- Tsukuba Research: Newest Island
- Tsukuba Research: Cray CS300 Cluster Supercomputer
- Tsukuba Research: A New Way of Making 3D Graphene
- Tsukuba Research: New Open Access Journal on Advanced Materials
- Tsukuba Safety: Convenience Store Robberies in Tsukuba
- Tsukuba Research: Decoding the Carnation Genome
- Tsukuba Safety: Winter Driving
- Tsukuba Job: Computational Science Professor at the University of Tsukuba
- Tsukuba Job: Physics Professor at the University of Tsukuba
- current status
- foreign residents
- public services